Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS backup
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
OBS does not use svn, but its own storage methodology (namely, mostly
plain files).

Curious, because osc feels a lot like svn. Why would it reinvent the wheel?

Somehow bdb does not feel like the best to handle large blobs.

I've used svn with large (several MB) blobs for a long time, and never
had any big issues I haven't had with osc. What does happen is that
big transactions fail too often because of network issues, but that
also happens with osc.

Anyway, quite late in the game to start changing stuff so...