Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE 11.4 ... do not disable repos on EOL?
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:23:32AM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
Hi,

Given the large amounts of negative feedback we get when we disable
the build repositories of just EOLed openSUSE distributions ...
and as 11.4 is targeted to be a Evergreen target again...

How about NOT removing the openSUSE 11.4 repositories this time?

What about Evergreen? I don't think we want to end with a half of
projects builds against obsoleted 11.4 and half against Evergreen:11.4.

So my proposal is to

1. disable the build against EOL openSUSE everywhere (+remove that from
homes)?
2. in case EOL release will be Evergreen, change the build target to
openSUSE:Evergreen:EOL:Test, so once build targets will be reenabled
by maintainers, it will build agains expected Evergreen target

The disabling is less intrustive, than removing. And it can be
re-enabled in projects where really needed by maintainers.

BTW: of course than 2. can be done by some BS magic, but I would vote
for make things explicit.

BTW2: the question is what to do, when Evergreen:EOL reaches it's EOL
;-)

Regards
Michal Vyskocil