Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help building perl package
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Stefano Canepa <sc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,
please forgive me if this is the wrong list to ask the question I'm
going to ask but I'm new to obs and opensuse package building.
As you can see in the log [1] I'm trying to build
perl-Module-Load-Conditional on CentOS 5 but as perl 5.8.8 contains the
same modules of perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker they conflicts. My question is:
it's possibile to avoid perl-ExtUtils-MakeMakes installation? I tryed
via condition in the spec file but without success. I took a look at
src.rpms from epel and other CentOS repository but did not successed.

TIA
Stefano

[1] http://pastebin.com/2WJLQS39

Is perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker a sub-package of perl that can be uninstalled?

What does it "provide" that is causing it to be installed when perl is
installed?

If it can be uninstalled, you could make sure you have the same
"provides" metadata and then use a conflict statement to ensure only
one of the 2 is installed.

Be advised that openSUSE does not much care for conflicts in
specfiles, so it is not a desirable solution, but it may be an option
you need to explore.

Greg