[opensuse-buildservice] Re: unity for openSUSE
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:52:01 +0200
Dear guys from OBS, dear Adrian:
I would ask you for a favor:
Could you please make it possible that we can add Fedora Updates and
Fedora Update-testing repo (if Fedora Rawhide would be supported too,
that would be brilliant) , we really need this (at the moment we use
some ugly hacks
having rpms from fedora updates in our source in OBS, which puts load
on your servers
and we can spend less time on the openSUSE port of unity)

Since fedora updates are not static repos and our download on demand
feature is not supporting non-static repositories atm, I do not want to
add these repos, because I would need always manually to update it.

If it is just one or two packages you need, I can once import them manually
though.

Also please drop me a private message too (in case I am not on the
mailing list) when the OBS arch backend is arrived.

It should be active already on build.opensuse.org. It is complete, but
officially still experimental and not yet released :)

Xiao-Long Chen is also the maintainer of the successful port of unity
to arch (though he moved to Fedora as main distro) and we'd love to
just add the PKGBUILD
files to the packages in GNOME:Ayatana and these packages would
provide unity for SuSE, Fedora and Arch!

Try it and tell ...

If someone wants to join us for a port of unity to other OBS supported
architectures feel free to contact us.

Cheers,
Damian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH