[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Debug versions of local libraries
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 02:54:29PM +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I would like to make debug information for libraries we make. Of course,
I can compile and link the libraries this way, and install them. But I
see that for openSUSE libraries, a better method is used:

An RPM is made that contains the debug version of the library. This
version of the library is not used when the application is run normally.
This is used by gdb when running an application or examining a core
file. There seems to be some intelligence to this so that gdp knows
which version of the debug RPM is needed, and even suggests the command
to get that version installed. These debug version of the librarys are
perhaps installed in an alternate location from the regular use
versions.

Is there a description for how this is accomplished on openSUSE? Of most
interest is how to set it up so that the debug version of the library is
available to gdb. I looked around on the openSUSE site, but could not
find anything. I guess I do not know where best to look...

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Thanks Roger for your feedback.

I'm redirecting your question to the opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
list.

The initial posting was:
http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse/2012-08/msg00328.html

Instead to complain any of us is able to do the same by replying to the
correct list, set Reply-To, and by this the discussion is moved forward
to the correct list.

Thanks,

Lars
--