Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS private instance: Weird rpmbuild behaviour...
Am 02.08.2012 14:20, schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 02:02:02PM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
Am 02.08.2012 13:54, schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 01:23:45PM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
when I enable the Debuginfo flag, rpmbuild seems to skip the %prep phase
and then fails.
What's going on there?

Dunno, can you send me the specfile?

Ok, but how can the specfile affect rpmbuild's behaviour?

It's your

%global debug_package %{nil}

Thank for pointing that out.
The specfile was originally written for RHEL 5 (no OBS) and IIRC some of the distros documentation
told me to disable debuginfo generation by setting 'debug_package %{nil}'.

So, with OBS, I should better remove that from the specfile and better have debuginfo generation
controlled by the debuginfo-flag setting on the repositories page, I presume?

Thanks,
Martin

line that exposes a bug (actually some spaces) in build's way
of enabling debug packages. What happens is that

%prep

gets translated to

%debug_package%prep

(note the speces at the start of the line). That works ok with the
normal debug_package macro, but with debug_package set to %{nil},
it'll expand to
%prep

That renders %prep useless as it must start at the first column.

I'll delete the extra spaces from the build script.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
E-Mails sollten Text sein, Text und nur Text.
Wenn Gott gewollt hätte, dass E-Mails in HTML geschrieben würden,