Re: [opensuse-buildservice] adding checksums to the buildinfo
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:31:40PM +0200, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
Hi,

some days ago darix and I had a small discussion about verifying the
integrity of the downloaded packages which are used for local builds.
The idea is that we add a checksum for each package to the buildinfo
xml so that a client/osc can "easily" check if the downloaded file is
corrupted.
For instance we could add the hdrmd5 to buildinfo (this would require
only a small change in the backend) or alternatively we add the md5
of the whole package to the buildinfo (this would probably require
a bigger change in the backend). The advantage of the latter is that
it is much easier to verify for the client (but then I don't think
there are many clients which deal with the buildinfo at all...).

Any opinions?:)

I thought there is RPM key checking done already? At least
it asks me for the keys..

This could be reused for this.

Ciao, Marcus