Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS private instance: download on demand trouble
On 2012-07-05 11:42:07 +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
On 2012-07-04 19:42:01 +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
Hi all,

I have set up a company-wide yum repository which contains non-free
third-party rpms.
Following
<http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/6r2m99UGJvpq5Wh5EajT>, I
created a project to download these third party rpms in order to use
them to build our own packages.

The DoD configuration seems to be correct, the file :fill.solv ist created.
But the scheduler log always shows a 'bad config' for that repo and
the build of our own packages fails with unresolved packages from
the DoD project.

How does your project setup look like? I would do the following:
- create a project A for your distro

Sorry, it's not quite clear to me what 'your distro' does mean.

See below.

- create a second project B with your third party rpms and add something
like this to the project meta:

<repository name="standard">
<path project="A" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Normally there's no need to make any changes to B's project config
(the one you edit via "osc meta prjconf B").

Just add B's repo to another project in order to build against the
third party rpms.

I have one project that should download and provide the third party
(RHEL) rpms for OBS:

<project name="FTI-mirror-RHEL5">
<title>Mirrored RPMs from FTI and Ccur</title>
<download baseurl="http://blah/rpms-mirror/RHEL5/"; arch="i586"
metafile="primary.xml" mtype="rpmmd"/>
<build>
<disable/>
</build>
<repository name="standard">
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>

That looks ok - if I understand it correctly this project contains only
some third party packages and NOT the complete RHEL5 distro + the third
party packages. In this case you should also add the RHEL5 project to
the repo's search path:

<repository name="standard">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:RedHat:RHEL-5"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>

My second project contains the packages I want to build. I added the
first project in order to get the missing third party dependencies:

<project name="Razorcat:testing">
<description>Untested and instable builds</description>
<build>
<disable repository="FTI-mirror-RHEL5_standard"/>
</build>
<publish>
<disable repository="FTI-mirror-RHEL5_standard"/>
</publish>
<repository name="CentOS_5">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:CentOS:CentOS-5"/>
<!-- added to get cmake 2.6.4++ ->
<path repository="CentOS_5" project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Tools"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
<repository name="CentOS_6">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:CentOS:CentOS-6"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
<repository name="FTI-mirror-RHEL5_standard">
<path repository="standard" project="FTI-mirror-RHEL5"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>

Alternatively add a second path entry to the "FTI-mirror-RHEL5_standard"
repo (for the RHEL5 project):

<repository name="FTI-mirror-RHEL5_standard">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:RedHat:RHEL-5"/>
<path repository="standard" project="FTI-mirror-RHEL5"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>

Marcus