Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SUSE:SLE-11:SP2 prjconf lacks "%define opensuse_bs 1"
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:27:54 +0200
Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 12:34:41 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
On 29 June 2012 09:00, Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 09:15:56 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 09:12:56 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 29.06.2012 05:32, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 01:01:26 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
Just that. Every project but SUSE:SLE-11:SP2 is defining opensuse_bs.

We want to get rid of it, all new base projects should not have it
anymore

Aehm, we didn't manage to get rid of it for factory but remove it for
SP2? Doesn't seem logic

So we should remove it there asap. We removed it also in various non-SUSE
targets.

Or do you have a valid usecase where a package in OBS should be build
different then with manual build/rpmbuild?

any build that can and should get fresh data off the internet if a
connection
is available, but should not even try for avoiding build fail when it's
building on OBS?

this shouldn't be OBS special. You can't count that you have internet connect
always.
Also you should warn the developer anyway that you make network traffic during
build.

I only used it in three cases:
a) To do
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#Building_a_package.2C_which_needs_an_X-Server_during_build

again, not OBS special. You can not say that you always have an X server, when
you are outside of OBS.

b) aegisub at some point tried to actually open an audio device to
detect the availability of an audio library (PulseAudio, I think)

bug. No one tells that your build host has a sound card at all.

c) aria2 "make check" requires network connection

same. packages which create network connections are
a) not savely reproducable packages
b) are a constant privacy problem. there should be always a disclaimer for such
packages (and in best case only an option to enable it).

But that is not special for OBS, all that may also need to be handled elsewhere.

I probably could use the same tricks for 'a' and 'b; even when not in
the OBS. But for network connection...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH