Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Improving debtransform

On Jun 17, 2012, at 22:58, Martin Koegler wrote:

Hi Martin,

OBS offers source services to build packages out of a VCS. But for
dpkg-based distribution, the version number handling is not working.

The version number of the binary packages is derived from debian/changelog
file - updating this
file in the source package is currently not possible.

Therefore I tried to improve debtransform:
https://github.com/e9925248/obs-build

I'm not sure if you've seen the various Debian package modules kept for
building Debian packages on CPAN: https://metacpan.org/module/Debian::Control

These tools may help you with creating and manipulating Debian control files
and other associated Debian packaging meta-data. The tools are largely
maintained by Damian Ivanov, a member of the Debian perl team and a long time
Debian contributor. They are object oriented which makes for fairly easy re-use.

Even if you don't want to re-use the code, it might help to look at the code to
find an algorithm or a parsing strategy since these tools are considered
"correct" and produce good debs that can go through lintian cleanly.

Regards,

Jeremiah--