RE: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.3 in VM : No Arm Build out the box...
Thanks Adrian for quick answering ...
Yes, I agree : I should have read this Fu....Re.. No.. Oups ..

Ok you gave me some clue to investigate deeper to make my fresh new OBS
instance be able to build for Arm (I'm wondering if I'am the only guy in triing
to do so ?)

So I dig into the build.opensuse.org to find a project that enable arm
compilation...
I find this : openSUSE:Factory:ARM ... May be it's not the most accurate for my
purpose but it propose a prjconf file with some valuable information :

I saw a the following section that not in the original prjconf for MeeGo ...
%ifarch armv5el armv7l armv7hl
Hostarch: x86_64

# cross build support for the build hosts
Preinstall: qemu-linux-user
%endif
%ifarch armv7l armv7hl
# qemu-accel-arm includes armv7l specific gcc, so we can't install it on armv5
Preinstall: qemu-accel-arm
%endif

I understand that this section should be added to my prjconf ... But it means
that my repository should contains a qemu-linux-user and qemu-accel-arm package
... but original MeeGo doesn't contain them ...
Does it make sense to pick them from
/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/ARM/standard/x86_64 ?
Or is it preferable to pick up source and rebuild inside my OBS ?

Regards

Xavier

Hi OBS gurus ...

I'm trying to migrate for on old OBSLight on a dedicated hardware to a OBS
2.3 in a VirtualBox ...
So I've started from obs-server.x86_64-2.3.0-Build1.16-vmx.tar.bz2 ...
I've updated it to 2.3.1 with Zypper

- I've successfully configured a project from MeeGo 1.2.0 Release :
--> Created a Project in the webUI and edit the meta file to add a repository
--> Created 2 subdirs in /srv/obs/build/<Project>/<Repository> : One is
i586/:full, second is armv8el/:full
--> imported to each directory the binary package for each architecture...

-I've enabled armv8el arch for OBS_SCHEDULED_ARCHITECTURES in
/etc/sysconfig/obs-server

armv8el does not exist in that way...

From this point, I've created a package and use the previously defined
project as build target ...
It works well for i586 : builds and publishs
NB : I've also applied correction on /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/obs.conf and
remove "/src" in strings for "build results" section as proposed in the
git...

The problem is that armv8el : the state is scheduled and remains
scheduled...in the webUI
But the "Status" is build finished ...
It acting as if the build process crash in the very early phase (so returns
finished) but the package is not treated ...

I've tried to use the 32bit version of the appliance but result is exactly
the same ...

Which command should I issue to monitor what is done when I issue a "trigger
rebuild"
In the /srv/obs/log/scheduler_armv8el.log file a event occurs on "trigger
rebuild" but I've no idea to investigate deeper on the problem ...

You most likely need to add "Hostarch: i586" or alike to your prjconf. Please
read the ReleaseNotes-2.3 file for details.

-- Disclaimer ------------------------------------
Ce message ainsi que les eventuelles pieces jointes constituent une
correspondance privee et confidentielle a l'attention exclusive du destinataire
designe ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire du present message ou une
personne susceptible de pouvoir le lui delivrer, il vous est signifie que toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie de cette transmission est strictement
interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en
informer l'expediteur par telephone ou de lui retourner le present message,
puis d'effacer immediatement ce message de votre systeme.

*** This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended
only for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender by phone or by replying
this message, and then delete this message from your system.