[opensuse-buildservice] Mirroring base distributions to private OBS instance
Hi,

I'm busy with piloting private OBS instance at our company. So far the results
are promising and we received positive feedback from the first users. I have
been requested though to make sure that our private OBS instance will be able
to run independent from public one at https://build.opensuse.org/ I understood
that in order to achieve that I need to mirror so called base distributions
from https://build.opensuse.org/ I tried initially to mirror the RedHat:RHEL-6
and SUSE:SLE-11:SP2  to my local instance but unfortunately without success.

I followed the instruction that is provided with OBS RPMs i.e.
/usr/share/doc/packages/obs-server/README.SETUP and I tried to follow the WiKi
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping#Import_your_base_Linux_project

Unfortunately none of these procedures provided expected results. My basic
problem is that the imported SLES and RHEL projects are not recognized by OBS
backend after import those project using the obs_mirror_project command. I
tried various tricks like for example restarting OBS scheduler or rescanning
repository using command
/usr/lib/obs/server/bs_admin --rescan-repository $PROJECT $REPO $ARCH
but without any luck.

I can see that SLES and RH RPM packages are properly imported to the
/srv/obs/build directory and the project files the xml and conf files appear in
the /srv/obs/projects. They don't appear in the mySQL DB though as other
projects that are created manually. The base distributions do not appear in my
private instance in the list of the projects in a way as you can see it on the
public OBS instance either. I received advice that I should run
/srv/www/obs/api/script/import to finalize the import but I was not able to
find any further information about how to apply this command.

I would appreciate if someone could please provide me with hints on how can I
mirror the base distribution from the public OBS instance to our private one.

I'm running OBS 2.3 RC on top of SLES 11 SP2 64 bit.

Thanks in advance,
Andrzej.--

  • No further messages