RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] To %make_install or to %makeinstall (spec-cleaner)
On Mon, May 14, 2012 6:09 pm, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Joop Boonen [mailto:joop.boonen@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 5:53 PM
To: Pavol Rusnak
Cc: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx; opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] To
%make_install or to %makeinstall (spec-cleaner)

On Mon, May 14, 2012 5:28 pm, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 14/05/12 17:07, Joop Boonen wrote:
I wonder if this should be fixed, in either spec-cleaner
(use%makeinstall
in stead of %make_install) or in the buildserver (add macro
%make_install
for SLE)?

Spec cleaner was written to support only the latest distributions.

I like spec cleaner a lot and I think it really helps cleaning up a spec
file.

Might it be option to translate into %makeinstall instead of
%make_install?

Using %makeinstall in a spec file is a bad idea. While it makes it work on
SLE, it breaks it on Fedora where %makeinstall is still the old broken
variant. Defining %make_install on SLE might be the better option.

Might Christopher Yeleighton purposed work around be a solution, for the
time being?

Workaround:

%if 0%{!?make_install:1}
%define make_install make install 'DESTDIR=%{buildroot}'
%endif

If so then would it be an option to add this define to spec-cleaner?

I currently just replace %make_install directly with its first-level
expansion, that seems to be only thing working across all OBS-supported
Distros (but obviously might cause problems in the future).

Gruesse,
Frank
--
Regards,