Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setting up an Ubuntu/Debian distribution project on a local OBS installation
  • From: Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:48:15 +0200
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM, <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012, 10:31:55 schrieb Jeremiah Foster:
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Replies inline.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
How are the distribution projects for Ubuntu (like Ubuntu:10.04) set

[snip]

This is the 64 thousand dollar question. :-) While we've done this
internally at our company, there is not a lot of documentation on how
to do this in OBS. This is one of the great drawbacks of OBS -- it has
very little documentation.

Feel free to join the book work:

 http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/OBS/obs-best-
practices_draft/appendix.work_on_obs_book.html

I realize this wasn't in direct response to me, but I'll gladly contribute to
that document any documentation I develop. And, once again, thank you for
your work on OBS. It's been really helpful to us at Dell.

If I were to guess Adrian's intentions I'd guess he did direct that to
you as well. :-)
I think the OBS team in general welcomes contribution, at least it
appears that way.

Regards,

Jeremiah