Re: [opensuse-buildservice] inconsistent behavior on architecture, repository, and project deletion

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert Schiele" <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 6:43am
To: "Michael Schroeder" <mls@xxxxxxx>
Cc: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] inconsistent behavior on architecture,
repository, and project deletion

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even if it is busy it should still do that after it has calmed down,
right? But I will investigate further...

Did that now. So, what I found is that when you delete an architecture
or a repository the only thing that happens in the scheduler is
something like:

updating meta for project 'home:rschiele:foobar' from
http://obs-srcsrv.mydomain.com:5352
getting data for project 'home:rschiele:foobar' from
http://obs-srcsrv.mydomain.com:5352
calculating project dependencies...
sorting projects and repositories...

The result is that in these cases apparently never something in the
build directory gets deleted, even after

_Only_ when I delete the whole project the scheduler finally seems to
remove stuff from the backend.

------------

(Sorry for the unmarked quoting, rackspace webmail.)

Could this be the cause of my false unresolvable problem?

I had dependency-borking versions of autoconf and m4 in a project briefly, they
caused a lot of packages in some repos in that project to either fail building
or become unresolvable because of the way the various specs are written.

I removed the offending autoconf & m4 packages, but one package, in two repos,
just one arch in each repo, keeps saying unresolvable for a couple days now.

I can't see how to clear it. There shouldn't be any such problem any more.
Outwardly, the state of the project for those packages is the same as it was a
few days ago when it built just fine.

It's saying nothing provides m4 1.4.4 in one repo and nothing provides m4 1.4.3
in the other. Those are the native m4 versions in those repos and they ARE
there because other packages that need the same things build fine, and even
those same pacckages build fine in the same repos in a new subproject.

So I'm guessing the problem is that it's seeing a newer m4 that's not supposed
to be there anymore and not seeing the repo's own native m4 which IS there in
build service DISCONTINUED:<version> repos, and IS the requested version in
each case.

Is there any osc commands I can use to clear this? or at least find out why
it's doing that so I can ask an obs admin to fix something that can't be fixed
from my end as a user?

Stuck false unresolvables:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=jbigkit&project=home%3Aaljex

Proof it's a false unresolvable: