Re: Re: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 11 April 2012 13:23:32 Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And what can we do with repo's like the games repository? That's not going
to get into factory,

I thought the goal was to get as much as possible into factory.  Why
is games special?

It was my understanding (but someone from games will have to reply) that size
and specific requirements for some games have been reasons to not get them
into factory. Note that only about 1 out of every 10 games packaged in the
game repo is in factory (wet-thumb-guestimation).

I think that is just carry over from years ago when everything in
factory had to fit on the DVD.

The current policy for factory does not restrict by size and I believe
it is encouraged to get the vast majority of useful packages into
factory. I could be wrong, but I think most games would be welcomed
into factory. Maybe a push to do that for 12.3 should be considered?

(I assume it is too late for 12.2)

Greg