[opensuse-buildservice] 12.1 and obs-server install
  • From: Jussi Hakala <jussi.hakala@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:35:18 +0300
Using packages from the 12.1 tools repo, installed obs-server and proceeded with the instructions given in [1].

Everything went relatively well, until importing base distribution [2] to backend, namely after using obs_mirror_project, the import did not go so well:

$ obs_mirror_project openSUSE:12.1 standard i586
$ rcobsscheduler restart
$ cd /srv/www/obs/api/script
$ RAILS_ENV="production" ruby import

The last command gave me an exception stack, with key issue being:

uninitialized constant Suse::Validator::SCHEMA_LOCATION (NameError)

Tried adding

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../config/environment.rb

in the import script, which gave me some warnings about things already defined, but included the file defining SCHEMA_LOCATION and I got forward.

I had to edit /srv/obs/projects/openSUSE:12.1.xml as well, mostly to remove some group privileges as the groups were not present my local db. After that, I got

--> storing projects
openSUSE:12.1 => success
--> storing packages for project 'openSUSE:12.1'
<-- fin

and everything seemed to be okay. However, when I log in to my local obs, it asks me to connect a remote open build service instance for default base distribution.

I'm pretty sure that was what I just did manually? Or is it something I need to do even if I use curl to upload openSUSE.org.xml to my local server from the package and import the base distribution from command line?

Using osc, I get

$ osc -A https://myhost.mydomain.com:444 ls
deleted
openSUSE.org
openSUSE:12.1

which suggests that the project I imported is there. The documentation doesn't mention anything about this after the importing part.

Is there a more complete documentation somewhere? Everything I googled seemed to be out of date.

Regards,

Jussi

[1]
/usr/share/doc/packages/obs-server/README.SETUP

[2]
Sections 4.1-4.2 in the documentation