Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II
On 26.03.2012 13:28, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

Quoting Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We
implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Thomas,

I see that 'Factory' representation seems to have an issue...

http://software.opensuse.org/package/shotwell?search_term=shotwell

For example lists Factory, but only unsupported packages, of which none is
openSUSE:Factory (if supported or not is questionable, but it for
sure should be part of the list).

Hi Dominique,
the missing 'official' package link to Factory is a known bug of the obs
backend, but this should resolve itself
once the backend is fixed which should happen soon according to the obs guys :-)

Also, the results should probably be sorted by some heuristic (be it version
numbers, 'devel projects first' (the devel project of
openSUSE:Factory/shotwell can be read from the package meta data.. there is a
devel entry per package).

Currently it looks like 'alpha sorted in reverse'.. (X/G/h)

You are right, we should get a better ordering in there and mark the devel
project. Needs to check how
big the overhead is to detect the devel project of each distribution.
I added it to the TODO list.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)