Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II

Quoting Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Thomas,

I see that 'Factory' representation seems to have an issue...

http://software.opensuse.org/package/shotwell?search_term=shotwell

For example lists Factory, but only unsupported packages, of which none is openSUSE:Factory (if supported or not is questionable, but it for sure should be part of the list).

Also, the results should probably be sorted by some heuristic (be it version numbers, 'devel projects first' (the devel project of openSUSE:Factory/shotwell can be read from the package meta data.. there is a devel entry per package).

Currently it looks like 'alpha sorted in reverse'.. (X/G/h)

Dominique