Re: [opensuse-buildservice] server:mail meta configuration history?
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:45:00AM +0200, Christian wrote:
Hi Lars,

it was me who changed it.

Am 2012-03-25 23:28, schrieb Lars Müller:
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 02:57:29PM -0600, Srinidhi B wrote:
On 3/26/2012 at 02:01 AM, Lars Müller<lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

one of the many maintainers in server:mail believes it must have
modify
the existing build targets. Either via calling 'osc meta prj
server:mail' or by using the web UI.

For example the SLE 11 SP 2 build got disabled. But there is no
other
target which builds at the moment for PPC. And I like to see if
exim
builds for PPC too. While I'm sure the same person who disabled
it
before will disable it again without checking back here.

Is there a way to spot the individual who made the change?

To view the log of meta data change:

osc log -M server:mail

To view the diff:

osc rdiff -c <rev> -M server:mail

Yes Sir, that's what I was looking for. And osc meta --help even
documents it. Hm, either glasses or a fresh brain are required.

@Chris: What had been the motivation of your modifications?
1) I think it is nonsens to have
- SLE_11 (SUSE:SLE-11)
- SLE_11_SP1 (SUSE:SLE-11:SP1)
- SLE_11_SP2 (SUSE:SLE-11:SP2)
as "_marcus_" told on IRC:
- GA is not supported anymore
and a package that was build against SP1 will also run on SP2, if not
speak up and tell _marcus_

so it is good to just have "ONE" repo for SLE -> SLE_11
(SUSE:SLE-11:SP1)
and darix does share this opinion, too.

And if you want to see just "exim" building against ppc, why not only
enabling build for exim.
why not configuring this way: ?

<repository name="SLE_11_ppc">
<path project="SUSE:SLE-11:SP2" repository="standard"/>
<arch>ppc64</arch>
</repository>

You can also build for openSUSE Factory PowerPC, this should work:

<repository name="openSUSE_Factory_PowerPC">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC" repository="standard"/>
<arch>ppc</arch>
<arch>ppc64</arch>
</repository>

Ciao, Marcus