Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add Mageia to OBS
On 03/20/2012 04:41 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 21:59:13 schrieb Oliver Burger:
Am 10.06.2011 19:57, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Sunday, 5. June 2011, 17:52:42 schrieb Stephan Kleine:
could Mageia please get added to OBS?

I am fine with importing it, but someone needs to check if they need
also the special repository format (not plain rpm-md). If that is the
case, I still wait for someone who packages the required tools for
creating this format.

Hi,

yes, we do need the same repository layout as Mandriva does.

For what openSUSE/SLES version would you need the tool in question
(genhdlist2)?

For having it on build.o.o: SLES 11 SP1& SP2.

For OBS 2.3 default appliances release for openSUSE 12.1.

Oliver,

I did some porting of the then Mdk pieces to satisfy the dependencies for genhdlist2.

You definitely need:

perl macros built for Mageia first, as this will enable the perl dependencies to build inside OBS.

Please feel free to start with the packages from my home repo:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Amrdocs

I got blocked on perlRPM4, which I imagine is now superseded with something from rpm5.

In any case, please feel free to ping me here, IRC or directly with questions about the specifics. It was a while ago.

I have friends in Mageia and would love to see Magiea able to fully bootstrap on OBS. Also #opensuse-buildservice on freenode is active and their is good help there as well.

Cheers,

Peter