Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:06:09 +0100
Thomas Schmidt wrote:
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We
implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Nice but the web page should make it obvious that packages from any
repo other than the official distro was potentially not reviewed by
anyone, make no promise whatsoever and that adding the repo might
have surprising consequences.

The search result for Factory doesn't actually show the package from
Factory but from the devel project.

I'm not sure it makes sense to have both 'release' and 'update' for
packages in the Distro. Usually you want to prefer the latter, esp
since the updater will suggest to install that within the next 24
hours anyways.

cu
Ludwig

--