Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How do I unmark packages as a devel project?
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <saschpe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:14:22 +0100
On 02/26/2012 07:43 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
After continually getting multimedia packages that I was working on in
home:plater, messed up by other submissions I had the bright idea to
make the package the devel project of the multimedia:libs package.
Unfortunately I can't delete or "undevel" the package and with my
current situation I'm not on line enough to manage this either.

The problem I attempted to address is a real problem though, there
should be a way for a maintainer to lock the package that he's working
on, especially before release when there's a lot of activity.

The key here is communication and not ignorance, which you showed here:

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/package/rdiff?linkrev=base&package=libconfig&project=multimedia%3Alibs&rev=3

where you simply chopped a previous submission (by yours truly):

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/package/rdiff?linkrev=base&package=libconfig&project=multimedia%3Alibs&rev=2

The key concept here would have been called 'merging' and isn't really
specific to OBS. But lets go on a bit, after 'working' on that package,
you reopened a request to Factory
(https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/106980) that was reasonably
declined (see our packaging policies). It's rather funny that I wanted
to do you a favor with just the above submission and fix your issues ;-)

Long story short, I would really appreciate if you could stop pretending
to be the one true source of wisdom and try to collaborate with others
(like me).

And don't try to make your home project the devel project for any other
project (please revert if you already did), otherwise I'll make mine a
devel project of yours!
--
Viele Grüße,
Sascha Peilicke