Re: [opensuse-buildservice] where to submit packages for the bug fix update
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:42:24 +0100
Am Montag, 5. März 2012, 13:30:41 schrieb Togan Muftuoglu:
On 03/04/2012 04:51 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:06:48PM +0100, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Hi Lars,

On 03/03/2012 08:47 PM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:18:00PM +0100, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
hi I'm trying to maintain a package which I have branched using osc
mbranch once I fix the issue which project do I send the submitrequest
ie in my case the package to be fixed is for openSUSE 12.1 according to
<http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintenance#Submit_your_change
s>
I should osc sr openSUSE:12.1:Update:Test not being sure I did via
webui
and it submitted to openSUSE:Maintenance which for some reason doesn't
feel right

If you branched it from openSUSE:12.1 please file the submit request
against openSUSE:12.1:Update:Test

Thanks done

(this will change in the future ... your original request was which we
will start to use in some weeks (some>=2)

My submit request was declined with the following message which I don't
understand I had submitted the package with the following command

osc sr openSUSE:12.1:Update:Test

and here is the decline mail. So what is the correct way ?

We are in the process of changing our maintenance work flow atm.
You created the sources in the new and correct way, but you submitted to
the old project (what is still correct atm).

Please submit it by specifing the package name in the target:

osc sr home:toganm:branches:OBS_Maintained:shorewall \
shorewall.openSUSE_12.1_Update \
openSUSE:12.1:Update:Test \
shorewall

A more detailed mail for the new process with updated instructions
will follow in the next days.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH