Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cross compilation dependency handling
  • From: Carsten Munk <carsten.munk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:17:47 +0100
28. feb. 2012 07.50 skrev Carsten Munk <carsten.munk@xxxxxxxxx>:
27. feb. 2012 18.17 skrev Daniel Gollub <gollub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Carsten,

On Monday, February 27, 2012 02:17:34 PM Christian Schneemann wrote:
[...]
Preinstall: and VMinstall: will always go into hostarch (which
makes sense) in order to have a bootable environment

Right.

What scope will BuildRequires: dependencies from the package be
resolved with? Will it look within the <scheduler> that it is
being built within?

Will BuildRequires: be dep resolved on all architectures or just
one?

I just pushed out something which starts addressing this issues:
https://github.com/b1-systems/obs-build/commit/930554fe36992097c2b200e6db74a9ffd107600a
https://github.com/b1-systems/open-build-service/commit/91bece36f12a8095d6cf6f56566b7639a04a863d

Since we want to have _Transpartent_ cross builds (which means not too much
fidlling in each spec file with regards to BuildRequires and other things) I
enabled Build::get_build and Build::get_deps
to:

<snip>

Sounds like a good direction - I think I'll begin to rebase my SB2
work on top of your patches as to make merging of both our efforts
easier.

Feeding back on this direction, utilizing the good work by B1-systems
of the current cross build patches, I've successfully made a proof of
concept utilizing it and SB2, though the code should be less hacky, it
seems like a sound direction so far, so we can have the two different
cross concepts running side by side.

This log from 'build' is the output of sudo /usr/bin/build
--root=/home/carsten/NOBACKUP/obs/build-Core_armv7l-i586
--rpmlist=$PWD/rpm-x86.rpmlist
--sysroot=/opt/cross/armv7l:$PWD/rpm-arm.rpmlist
--dist=/home/carsten/cross/testsuite/_buildconfig-Core_armv7l-i586
--arch=armv7el --target=armv7l-meego-linux --norootforbuild
--changelog --jobs=2 --uid=500:500
/home/carsten/cross/home:Admin:busybox/busybox/busybox.spec ::

http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/cross-build-sb2.txt

This succesfully sets up a X86 host + ARM target chroot with
capability to run postscripts, ARM binaries, etc and does the build
within SB2 with fast x86 tools. Without the use of binfmt_misc, or
modifications of RPM configurations, etc.

BR
Carsten Munk