Re: [opensuse-buildservice] macro to get current build project
On Sunday 26 February 2012, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Saturday 2012-02-25 14:05, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Saturday 25 February 2012, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Saturday 2012-02-25 11:32, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

is there a macro to get the current build project?
I'd like to have a string like "SLE_11_SP1" available within spec
file.

What exactly for? The answer would depend on that :)

I need it within %install and %files, something like

I think "%_repository" it is, but I still advise against using it,
as the result is "unpredictable". Some people call their
repo part SLE_11_SP1. Some SLE_11 (implying SP1). And whatever else.

Thx, I'll give it a go.

%install
cp xyz.tar.xz %{buildroot}/releases/SLE_11_SP1/

As such, the user of your weird rpm would have to go into a
directory whose name does not remain constant.

Yep, I force the "user" to use unrpm only.
Requires: do_not_install_this_but_unrpm
:)

I only want to have different paths to not always overwrite tarballs
when unrpm'ing them from different distros.

%files release-tarball
/releases/SLE_11_SP1/xyz.tar.xz

Of course I will not use it for official distributed rpms.
I want to build "make dist" tar balls on OBS and ship them within
sub-package "*-release-tarball".

I feel that is quite pointless, since the tarball is already
provided within the .src.rpm.

No, in my case the src tarball is a "git export" (with lots of build
requires) and the destination tarball is a "make dist" tar ball to be
used by endusers.

I'm doing all this to release upstream projects doing autoreconf, make
check, make distcheck etc. on clean OBS hosted distros.

Its really nice. Maybe you want to see our dateutils package
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=dateutils&project=home%3Arudi_m%3Adevel-snap

The package is automatically updated from git repo using this script
https://gist.github.com/1200424

After upstream tags a new release then the resulting tarball (from a
preferred distro) will be published (by upstream) to be finally used to
make rpms for the endusers, e.g. here in OBS utilities repo:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=dateutils&project=utilities

cu,
Rudi