Re: [opensuse-buildservice] challenges in testing changes to rpmlint
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:53:16 +0100
Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012, 15:37:11 schrieb Adam Spiers:
Ludwig Nussel (ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Adam Spiers wrote:
Ludwig Nussel (ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Adam Spiers wrote:
- rpmlint-mini.spec pulls in files from /usr on the build host;

isn't that evil and wrong?

- Why does rpmlint-mini include its own Python?
- Why does rpmlint-mini even exist - isn't rpmlint good enough?

Plain rpmlint cannot be used in the build root as it would introduce
python in each every build root.

Sure - my question was really "why can't we have Python in every build
root?"

That would make every single package implicitly build depend on python.

But every single package does already, it's just hidden inside
rpmlint-mini. What's the advantage of doing that?

The amount of default installed packages needs to be reduced rather than
adding even more.

For speeding up builds, or other reasons?

for that and to avoiding cycles which makes it hard to bootstrap a system.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH