Re: [opensuse-buildservice] challenges in testing changes to rpmlint
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:31:50 +0100
Adam Spiers wrote:
- rpmlint-mini.spec pulls in files from /usr on the build host;
isn't that evil and wrong?
- Why does rpmlint-mini include its own Python?
- Why does rpmlint-mini even exist - isn't rpmlint good enough?

Plain rpmlint cannot be used in the build root as it would introduce
python in each every build root. Therefore rpmlint-mini collects all
necessary files from python and rpmlint and pre-compiles them to
create a stand-alone package. The rpmlint-mini package is not meant
to be used on real sytems, it's just a special hack for the build
root.

First I found out that osc build doesn't use the rpmlint rpm at
build-time; it uses rpmlint-mini, and rpmlint-Factory (even if not
building for Factory, I think). The latter seems to be just a small
layer of additional rpmlint configuration though.

Yes, rpmlint-Factory is a bit of a misnomer, rpmlint-policy-openSUSE
or something like that would be better suited. It only contains
badness settings.

Hmm. So the package obs-service-download_files creates a user it
actually doesn't have anything to do with!? I guess there should be
e.g. a obs-filesystem package that creates the user and owns some
basic directories.

cu
Ludwig

--