Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Sign all packages after changing key
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:17:54AM +0000, Magnus Lewis-Smith wrote:
If I change the project signing key (private OBS instance) with
osc signkey --delete PROJECT
osc signkey --create PROJECT
do I need to rebuild all packages in order to sign them with the new
key, or is there a way to force OBS to re-sign everything without rebuilding

There's currently no way to trigger a resign, thus you need
to rebuild all packages. (The easiest way is probably
'osc wipebinaries' so that you don't have packages signed with
the old key left if a build fails or the result is "unchanged".)

(Note that if you don't need to rebuild the packages after
"osc signkey --extend", as the command just changes the pubkey.)

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg