[opensuse-buildservice] Re: openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:35:09 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:24:06 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

off-base Novell != openSUSE

Well, let's be clear here. When talking "Novell", I think it's
reasonable to say that what's actually meant is SUSE, or by extension
Attachmate at this stage.

While, as I read the conversations on the mail lists, consideration is
given to Novell's business model but not *defining* the path of
openSUSE. Novell has no "enforcement mechanism" in place. You are
grasping straws and causing confusion, ie: spreading fud.

No, but OBS is, I think (like Studio) not entirely openSUSE but a mix of
SUSE and openSUSE, and there are some joint goals and there are some non-
common goals.

And the fact that those services are hosted by SUSE (or whatever name you
call the business that owns the hardware) means that they probably do
have some say about things that drive into their line of business and
revenue generation.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson