Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
* Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> [01-26-12 15:30]:

Perhaps an extended support version should be appointed for every major
version.
To avoid this issue, and to appease the server folks. Which I would
imagine is an important enough endeavor.

Perhaps the last minor of every major version should enjoy, if not
extended *support*, at least extended *presence* in OBS.

Well, there is *no* major/minor version of openSUSE and has not been for
as long as I can remember. In spite of the dot numbers, *all* versions of
openSUSE are *major*. In fact the published version numbers were changed
effective 12.1 to always start with ##.1 to ensure the public that the
issue was not a "first major changed" version.

That apparently has failed, at least in this instance.

Please feel informed. Voluminous discussion about major/minor numbering
schemes for openSUSE may be viewed in the archives and, on request, a
pointer will be provided.