Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Archie Cobbs <archie.cobbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have a bunch of mission critical machines running openSUSE 11.3.
Why? Because one of the attractive features of openSUSE is that it is
very stable and runs great for a long time.

But now all of these machines are essentially unsupportable (and
unreproducible), until we force them through an upgrade process that
creates risk.

Just add the DISCONTINUED repo to your home, and all is fine.

So that solves the problem for my home repository, but what about the
10-15 other repos that our machines depend on? For example,
Apache2:Modules, server:monitoring, etc., etc.

So that doesn't seem like a very scalable solution.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs