[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
  • From: Archie Cobbs <archie.cobbs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:18:49 -0600
 I noticed that openSUSE:Tools has dropped its 11.3 repo already.

 I understand 11.3 is EOL'd, but it seems like Tools repo should be special,
 as it contains zypper -- the tool that lets you upgrade.

 I understand that EOL means no longer "community supported" - that's fine..
 but it seems to me that "community supported" is a completely different
 concept than "exists as a repo in a project".

 After all, openSUSE:Tools has RHEL 4 and all these other non-SUSE repos...
 are those distributions "community supported" by the openSUSE project??

 So I don't understand the rush to remove the repo.

 Needless to say, I still have stable 11.3 systems around that I'm not ready
 to upgrade just yet...

 Thanks,
 -Archie

--