Re: [opensuse-buildservice] libreoffice on onerirc takes an extremely long time to build
Paul Elliott píše v St 11. 01. 2012 v 11:39 -0600:
Building locally does me no good. I need to build it in BS, so it will be
available from the BS.

Sure. On the other hand, you should make sure that you are able to build
the packages locally (osc build) before you push them to BS. It is much
easier and faster when debugging potential build problems.

The package I am really trying to build uses unoconv which uses libreoffice-
writer and libreoffice-java-common.

I am not familiar with unoconv. Are these packages needed at runtime or
build time?

Is there anyway to make these packages available from the BS for oneriric?

Ubuntu:11.10 BS project is maintained by Adrian, see
https://build.opensuse.org/project/users?project=Ubuntu%3A11.10

Adrian, where could we check the list of packages in this project? Would
be possible to add more packages if necessary?

PS: I have never tried to build LO for Ubuntu in BS. I am not sure how
the conversion between RPM spec files and DEB control files actually
works.

Well building for ubuntu has nothing to do with rpms. You just put the debian
source package in your "files" section, usually it works.

I see. I though that BS has some support to build deb files using spec
files (convert the spec to deb control file or so. We build LO rpms, so
BS should be capable to build also debs.

Anyway, if the needed libreoffice packages are available in the official
Ubuntu 11.10 installation, it should be easier to add them to the BS
repo. I hope that Adrian could help here.

Best Regards,
Petr