Re: [opensuse-buildservice] %clean section in rpm packages in OBS
On Fri, December 23, 2011 10:29 pm, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011, 22:25:34 schrieb Joop Boonen:
All,

I have a question lately I see spec files that have been changed with the
remark (cf. specfile guidelines).

The %clean section has been removed for example, this doesn't feel
right to me.

Does anyone know something about the cf. specfile guidelines?
Did I miss something?

AFAIK the newer rpms do default to the standard cleanup when %clean is
missing.

Does this mean that the preferred way of creating a spec file is now
without the %clean section?

This won't have any negative effect on an rpmbuild -ba --clean <name>.spec
or a osc build locally?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Regards,

Joop.