Re: [opensuse-buildservice] running source services on accepting requests or just copying results
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 12. Dezember 2011, 13:27:08 schrieb Robert Schiele:
1. Discuss what is the intended behavior. I see the already mentioned
   b) source service results are copied from the originating package
   I personally don't have a very strong opinion which one is the
better solution as long as at least one of them is implemented. Thus I
would like to hear the opinion of those people that have a strong one
plus the opinion of the people that did the original design.

Both versions should be supported and it should be configurable. Eg. via
setting an attribute in the project to enforce the service rerun for example.

Thanks! But this is only a plan not implemented yet, right? So,
talking about the current code base to at least fix the current
behavior, am I correct that the intention of that code is to make the
result copy? Or were source services just nor considered at all in the
current code base on request handling, such that there was no clear
design decision so far?

Ok, let me give my current understanding of the code so far such that
you can get feedback about whether my understanding is correct and I
am going into the right direction here:

1. My understanding is that the API explicitly asks for not running
source services by setting noservices in
src/api/app/controllers/request_controller.rb. Thus implementing the
case of rerunning the source service after a submit request has been
accepted should be implementable by just removing this flag for this
case. Is this right or is there more to be done? Or is this actually
conceptually wrong? Well, at least it seems to work for me.

2. For the other case that we don't want to run source services, which
seems to be the intended case in the current code: Is my understanding
correct that the responsibility for getting the copying right and thus
for the place of the relevant fix would be in the backend code, more
precisely in the bs_srcserver code in sourcecopy?

Robert