Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build failures due to OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:52:02 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011, 14:41:14 schrieb Dimstar / Dominique
Leuenberger:
Hi all,

Lately I happen to see (felt) more package failures as a result of OBS
itself than this used to be.

It's kind of 'frustrating' to to local builds that work, check in to OBS
and see build failures, then having to figure out that 'oh: once more it
was just something that got stuck... let's trigger a rebuild, maybe it
helps'

Among the errors I keep on seeing are:
- decompression errors of RPMs (cpio archive errors)
- 'job got stuck'; seen that in the middle of builds or, even more
common, at the very end of the build.
Example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=gnome-ke
yring&project=GNOME%3AFactory&repository=openSUSE_Factory

(I'll try not to trigger a rebuild of that for the next few hours...)

Is there any special thing broken (did not verify if I'm always hit by
the same worker for example) and are we aware of the breakage? Or is
this completely under the radar and needs more empiric findings to make
an assumption, what could be at fault?

We can't detect such failures automatically ... in this case it was build26.
It may be that this host has a problem.

Can you check your other failures and check if they were caused by the same
host(s) ?

It is mentioned at the start of the logfile.

The other option is that we may have a broken Factory distro. Are that only
Factory builds which fail that way ?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH