Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Public availability of ci.opensuse.org
On 10/24/11 06:20 PM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 10:58 -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Wednesday 19 October 2011 10:38:30 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 17:12 -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:

We use Hudson for CI locally. Interesting to see that you use Jenkins.
Perhaps this is not for discussion here, but what is the difference
between the two?
http://www.google.com/search?q=hudson+versus+jenkins
Thanks for that. But few of them really say anything useful. Mainly that
Hudson is losing share. OK. But do any of these describe any technical
reason for this? All I see is the results of a popularity contest. Of
course, if all the Hudson developers move to Jenkins, that is compelling
reason to follow. It remains unclear to me just why they are jumping
ship.
Maybe Atlassian would be willing to give a license for Bamboo? Jenkins/Huson both made my eyes bleed from a UI perspective. Sorry to stir this up or recommend a non-FOSS solution, but I see no reason to use (imho) an inferior tool when a better one may be an option.