[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] Re: subscribing to mailinglists
Hey,

On 20.10.2011 09:22, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Sascha Peilicke wrote:
One addition, if you want to follow commits to OBS-related projects, you
should subscribe the following mailing list:

obs-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxx

In case of that list even the mailto subscribe links are missing on
lists.opensuse.org.
Don't we have anyone in the project who could write a web front end

Go for it :)

that saves us from the clumsy confirmation process for each and every
list?

In all that clumsiness of the subscription process there is a meaning
which is not too obvious: testing delivery. If your subscription request
reaches the list software, the lists confirmation reaches you and your
confirmation mail comes back to the list the software knows that
delivery works. You wouldn't believe with how many delivery problems a
system with nearly 40K users has to cope...

If you mean like subscribe once and you are subscribed to all lists,
we're already moving into that direction with allowing everyone to post
to every list. It's just that some lists don't want that.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE
http://www.hennevogel.de