Re: [opensuse-buildservice] need help with OBS feature request (xz compressed sources)
2011/10/19 Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx>:
Hi,

Regarding https://features.opensuse.org/312439
"spec files should support xz compressed sources per default"

sources in tar.xz have been working for me for at least 1 year, the
only thing requires is:

BuildRequires: xz

An example package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=compiz&project=GNOME%3AAyatana

I'd like to have xz capable tar/xz packages per default available for
old distros on OBS. (useforbuild only, not published).
Who is the man who could do that?

I don't understand what you mean with old distro's (unsupported ? SLE stuff?)

There are ready to use packages in
home:rudi_m
(compiled from original Base:System sources)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=xz&project=home%3Arudi_m
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=tar&project=home%3Arudi_m

cu,
Rudi