[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:49:30 +0200
present: mls, speilicke, adrian

Topics:
=======
* Source rebuild trigger change
* OBS 2.3 release state
* ci.opensuse.org state
* Ubuntu & Mandriva support
* git move to github.com

Source rebuild trigger change
=============================

We want to avoid rebuild trigger when the link is changed (for exmaple submit
requested). We want to change the trigger to use only the expanded content of
sources.
This means rebuilds will only happen when the effective source has changed.

In practice we will use the "verifymd5" for comparing sources. This will
trigger a rebuild
of all linked sources.

We will backport this 2.3.

OBS 2.3 release state
=====================

* Maintenance features still not used by openSUSE. AI: adrian move this
forward

* Evaluate if openSUSE 12.1 can be used as appliance base (main problem is
systemd).

ci.opensuse.org state
=====================

obs-test@xxxxxxxxxxxx public ml is used for sending test suite results.

Everybody should verify if the mails are sufficiant, Sascha will announce it
together with news team soon.

Ubuntu & Mandriva
=================

* Ubuntu 11.10 is imported, but does not work yet in kvm/xen builds. needs
debugging.

* Mandriva genhdlist2 support added, but the submitted packages are not
running on our server.
Seems to be broken because of missing library linking, adrian will fix.

git move to github.com

* we will copy current gitorious OBS related repositories to github.com.

* gitorious repos will be renamed to .DISCONTINUED (removal is not working)

* writing a final announcement with moved modules, new urls and migration
hints

* Check with tschmidt about moving

Sascha & Adrian will take care.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH