Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing on Mandriva via OBS repo
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 19:59, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011, 05:20:59 schrieb alexander barakin:

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 18:56, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011, 16:37:08 schrieb alexander barakin:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:06:07PM +0200, Peter Linnell wrote:

On 10/18/10 10:23 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2010, 10:03:20 schrieb Frederic Crozat:

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 à 13:15 -0400, Nicholas Peterson a
écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying to install my program on Mandriva but can't seem

add

the OBS repository.

It seems that the command urpmi.addmedia doesn't work with

the

normal RPM PM. Someone on IRC mentioned that I could specify

different type for the repository in my OBS raw config to

automatically generate a urpmi compatible repo. What do I

put as

the

type for my Mandriva repo to make it urpmi compatible?

For now, nothing, OBS doesn't support (yet) urpmi compatible

repository. You'll need to run "genhdlist2" on the directory

containing the packages.

Btw, my offer is still there, if someone can build "genhdlist2"

package (set) which also works on SUSE, we can add support for

that

easily in OBS.>

Hi,

I would also like to support OBS providing native hdlists for OBS.

started porting the necessary packages from Mandriva to

openSUSE/SLE.

I got fairly far along, but a perl package perl-RPM4 will not

compile

on

any recent flavor of *Suse. It also fail on Fedora/RH.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&packag

e=perl

-RPM4&project=home%3Amrdocs&repository=openSUSE_11.2>

This is the blocker for me at the moment. Anyone with knowhow of

perl

and/or rpm would probably be able to fix it.

Peter

i built the required packages:

http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~abarakin/perl-RPM4-0.23-1.src.rpm

http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~abarakin/perl-URPM-3.37.2-1.src.rpm

what else can i help?

For offering the hdlist support on build.opensuse.org we would need to

have these packages build for SLES 11 SP 1 (and in best case also for

openSUSE so

that we include it in the OBS Appliance).

those packages, links to which i led, were built in opensuse 11.4·

i hope there should be no problems with them in sles.

okay

It would be great if you could build these packages

ok, today or tomorrow, i will build genhdlist·

and submit them to

openSUSE:Tools project.

how can i do this?

(i have an account on the build.opensuse.org)

just build them in any project for these repos

i put genhdlist and the necessary modules in the package perl-URPM:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=perl-URPM&project=home%3Asash-kan
unfortunately, i can test the functionality only in opensuse:
$ genhdlist2 .
adding 10 new rpms not available in existing hdlist
replacing ./media_info/hdlist.cz with hdlist.cz.tmp
replacing ./media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz with synthesis.hdlist.cz.tmp
updating ./media_info/MD5SUM

and create a submitrequest
afterwards via:
osc sr openSUSE:Tools