Re: [opensuse-buildservice] berlios.de closing
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:06:03 -0400
Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/14/2011 10:55 AM, Bill Merriam wrote:
berlios has announced that their open source hosting system in
closing at the end of the year. They have advised all of the
hosted projects to move to another hosting system.

http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=37450

They recommended projects look at the list of hosting services at
wikipedia to choose another hosting service.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities

That list doesn't make opensuse buildservice look like it is
available for use. I thought is was open to any open source
project. At the very least it should be available to anybody that
builds for opensuse.

If OBS is a good choice perhaps someone from the project can reach
out to berlios and/or update the wikipedia page to make it look more
attractive.

OBS is not an SCM system thus it would not fit the bill of someone
looking to host their sources in a public source code repository.

Later,
Robert

Thank you, Robert. I didn't understand that.

Bill