Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing on Mandriva via OBS repo
  • From: alexander barakin <alex.barakin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:20:59 +0400
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 18:56, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011, 16:37:08 schrieb alexander barakin:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:06:07PM +0200, Peter Linnell wrote:

On 10/18/10 10:23 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2010, 10:03:20 schrieb Frederic Crozat:

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 à 13:15 -0400, Nicholas Peterson a écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying to install my program on Mandriva but can't seem to

add

the OBS repository.

It seems that the command urpmi.addmedia doesn't work with the

normal RPM PM. Someone on IRC mentioned that I could specify a

different type for the repository in my OBS raw config to

automatically generate a urpmi compatible repo. What do I put as

the

type for my Mandriva repo to make it urpmi compatible?

For now, nothing, OBS doesn't support (yet) urpmi compatible

repository. You'll need to run "genhdlist2" on the directory

containing the packages.

Btw, my offer is still there, if someone can build "genhdlist2"

package (set) which also works on SUSE, we can add support for that

easily in OBS.>

Hi,

I would also like to support OBS providing native hdlists for OBS. I

started porting the necessary packages from Mandriva to openSUSE/SLE.

I got fairly far along, but a perl package perl-RPM4 will not compile

on

any recent flavor of *Suse. It also fail on Fedora/RH.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=perl

-RPM4&project=home%3Amrdocs&repository=openSUSE_11.2>

This is the blocker for me at the moment. Anyone with knowhow of perl

and/or rpm would probably be able to fix it.

Peter

i built the required packages:

http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~abarakin/perl-RPM4-0.23-1.src.rpm

http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~abarakin/perl-URPM-3.37.2-1.src.rpm

what else can i help?

For offering the hdlist support on build.opensuse.org we would need to have
these packages build for SLES 11 SP 1 (and in best case also for openSUSE so

that we include it in the OBS Appliance).

those packages, links to which i led, were built in opensuse 11.4·
i hope there should be no problems with them in sles.

It would be great if you could build these packages

ok, today or tomorrow, i will build genhdlist·

and submit them to
openSUSE:Tools project.

how can i do this?
(i have an account on the build.opensuse.org)

--
wbr, alexander barakin aka sash-kan. http://gnu.linuxcenter.ru