Re: [opensuse-buildservice] package building locally, but segfaulting in obs
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:07:04 -0400
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Detlef Steuer
<detlef.steuer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Can somebody give a helping hand and tell me if it`s the package or a faulty
builder?

devel:languages:R:base/R

got a (minor) update from upstream. Now building fails for some but not all
repositories.

I.e.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=R&project=devel%3Alanguages%3AR%3Abase&repository=SLE_11_SP1

gives (after lengthy compilation)
** help

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0xffffffe3, cause 'memory not mapped'

(see above link for context)
Any hints?

Locally I built R-base successfully for 11.4 and factory.

Detlef

Detlef,

Is it possible to invoke osc build for SLE_11_SP1 base repo?

If so, have you tried that?

ie. From 11.4 I can do a local factory build via:

osc build openSUSE_Factory

And if you get the repo argument wrong, the error message provides a
list of valied repos, so you don't have to know the exact spelling.

example:
osc build help
help is not a valid repository, use one of: Kernel_HEAD_standard,
openSUSE_11.4, openSUSE_Factory, openSUSE_Tumbleweed

Greg