Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SUSE developers are contradicting themselves?
On 01/10/11 18:39, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 01.10.2011 23:37, schrieb Kim Leyendecker:
Am 01.10.2011 23:04, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On 01/10/11 18:12, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Hello all,

I created a spec-file using rpmdev-newspec (I think the programm´s
called so.) and used this to build packages with OBS.

Now the situation is, that the packages failed to build. I checked
the
logfile and it told me, that there wasn´t any valid group for the
program.*But* the created spec-template didn´t have such group
category.

Is it possible, that the SUSE devs contratic themselves, or is the
fault
located on my site?

thanks for your help!
There is a bug somewhere, to answer your question, RPM groups are
deprecated, do not include one in your package.

thanks for your response, but the logfile seems to want a group. I
started a fresh build _with_ a group and the logfile didn´t complained
about it anymore. Now, I started another build _without_ a group and
will post the two logfiles in another mail.

here are the two logfiles:

hope this helps,
Kim

Well it is a warning in rpm checks that hasnt being disabled yet, ;)
however your package fails to build due to:

diav.x86_64: E: suse-filelist-empty (Badness: 10000) packages without
any files are not allowed in SUSE

Not due to lack of rpm group.