[opensuse-buildservice] How to migrate your OBS clone to Github
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <saschpe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:51:40 +0200
Hello everyone,

as announced recently, we're slowly moving to Github, if you wanna join the
fun early on but already have an OBS repository clone, it is rather simple.
Just change the respective lines in$OBS-GIT-CLONE/.git/config to the
following:

[remote "origin"]
url = git://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service.git
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/github/*

As Github is so much better for merge requests, we want more of them. Thus, if
you want to contribute to OBS, fork it on Github, commit to your personal
clone and do merge requests. Much like on Gitorious before, but way more
comfortable. Ah yes, you need a Github account if you don't have one yet ;-)
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke