Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Supporting %make_install for SLES
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 02:33:21PM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Thursday 22 September 2011, Ismail Donmez wrote:
On 09/22/2011 01:54 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
I would rather use this very portable statement within your spec
files to use %make_install only if defined:

%{?make_install} %{!?make_install:make install
DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT}

This works for all RPM distros on OBS. And you are src RPMs can be
rebuild on original SLE* where you don't have such prjconf.

But this would be redundant to do for all packages, the point of OBS
is that this could be fixed from one central place :-)

It would be redundant to define it in OBS because it's in defined in
recently rpm's original /usr/lib/rpm/macros.
I think it's good style to write rpm specs which are working for old and
new rpm versions and which morever works outside of OBS environment.

+1

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]