Re: [opensuse-buildservice] makeinstall macro on non-suse distros
On Monday 05 September 2011, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 05/09/11 11:16, Ruediger Meier wrote:
My workaround is this of course:

%install
# don't use makeinstall macro because missing docdir=...
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I'd like to use the macro. How should I do it?
Or is the missing docdir just a bug?

It works on modern distros (last few versions of openSUSE, Fedora,
Mandriva),

AFAIR it didn't worked on all non-suse distros. Could it be that I have
to do a bit more than just enabling Fedora build to get a Fedora
conform build environment?

i just redefine %makeinstall in prjconf for any broken
distros (CentOS 5.5 is the only one I regularly encounter).

Ok, but then I prefer to hardcode it just within the spec file.
I only thought it should be another solution because when overriding
destination paths it could be that stuff gets installed into folders
where it doesn't belong to (from distro's point of view).

cu,
Rudi