Re: [opensuse-buildservice] makeinstall macro on non-suse distros
On 05/09/11 11:16, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

I have a minor problem with %makeinstall macro.

On suse it expands to
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

On the other distros it expands to
make install bindir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin
infodir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin ... etc

But it does not set docdir="$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/doc..."
Therefore make install always fails with something like
error: install /usr/share/doc/README, permission denied

My workaround is this of course:

%install
# don't use makeinstall macro because missing docdir=...
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I'd like to use the macro. How should I do it?
Or is the missing docdir just a bug?

cu,
Rudi

It works on modern distros (last few versions of openSUSE, Fedora, Mandriva), i just redefine %makeinstall in prjconf for any broken distros (CentOS 5.5 is the only one I regularly encounter).

Tejas